Amex Liner End Seal© finishes CIPP liner in Capri, Italy
Aktualisiert: 5. Nov. 2020
Capri is an island located off the coast of Italy near Naples. It is most known for its rugged coastline, high end shopping, and the Blue Grotto natural site. With Capri being an island, however, when pipelines need repair, it can be urgent.
In September of 2020, a pipeline was relined with a CIPP liner to repair damage. When the liner was finished and cured it required some sort of way to finish the connection between the new pipe and the host pipe and guard against any backtracking of water in the anular gap. There are multiple ways to protect a liner end seal, but the most time proven and secure method is with an Amex Liner End Seal©.
Installing an Amex Liner End Seal© can come with certain difficulties. First of all, often a liner end seal must be installed in a smaller diameter pipe. This requires experienced installers to perform the task, as was the case in Capri. Additionally, there had already been problems with other solutions to seal the liner and the client was looking for a sure win when they chose the Amex Liner End Seal©.
After attempting other forms of liner end protection, both Amex Liner End Seals© were installed in one day, connecting the host pipe and the new pipe in such a way as to prevent further leakage.
CIPP liner before Amex Liner End Seal©
Amex Liner End Seal over liner©
Amex Liner End Seal© Specifications
How it works
● Amex© Seals are composed of EPDM rubber providing both flexibility and endurance
● With a size range from 180mm to 4000mm, there is something for almost every job
● Depending on the damage, the width of the seal ranges from 180mm to 600mm
● Tested to withstand internal pressures of up to 25 bar and external pressure up to 6 bar
● The seals can be installed in any type of pipe material and most shapes
● Use of hydraulic tool allows for quick and easy installation
● Design life of over 50 years!
● More than 30 years of experience between our technicians
● Own production and service
● No resin, no impregnation, and no curing needed
● Can be custom made to fit your specifications