SaniTube© HD repairs DN 350 line in Argentina
Aktualisiert: 7. Apr.
Mar del Plata is a coastal resort city on Argentina’s coast. It features surf spots, an old town with early 20th century houses, and plenty of beach. Between a large tourist economy and a thriving fishing port, the city attracts both visitors and businesses in large numbers.
In late 2021, the Obras Sanitarias Mar Del Plata noticed problems in a section of 355mm, PVC water pipe running through a residential area. After looking for different products and solutions, they settled on Forever Pipe, located in Bueons Aires.
Amex Sanivar’s popular product, SaniTube© HD was used to repair the two segments of pipeline.
There were two main challenges that Forever Pipe faced when approaching a solution to fixing this pipeline. The first main one was that the pipe included a complicated S-bend which requires flexibility in the chosen product. Additionally, there was a DN 200 t-connection located in the pipe that would require reducers to help bridge the gap between the DN 400 host pipe and DN 200 connectors.
SaniTube© HD was chosen because of its ability to be flexible but also provide some static functions when considering the future of the pipe. While SaniTube© HD is normally used in high pressure pipes, this line runs at 6 bar, which fits within the regular SaniTube© pressure range. SaniTube© HD was chosen for this job because the extra jacket provided less friction when pulling the SaniTube© through the pipe, which was very important when pulling through the S-bend. The job was completed in just two days, to the satisfaction of the OSSE.
SaniTube© HD Specifications
How it works
· SaniTube© HD consists of a textile liner, and a double-sided thermoplastic coating
· Suited for the rehabilitation of all common types of pipes DN80 to DN400
· Suitable for great variety of media: potable water, sewage, industrial applications, gas, oil, and petrol
· SaniTube© HD is pulled-in via standard winch and reconnected to host pipe using a flange coupling
· Rehabilitation of up to 3000m in a single pull – incl. bends of up to 40°
· Design life of 50 years
· No resin, no impregnation, and no curing needed
· High resistance to pressure: burst pressures of over 100 bar w/o host pipe and resistant to vacuum
· Easy installation & no need for special equipment
· Extra jacket can provide added strength