Amex Sanivar installs over 1,300 Amex-10 LEM® Seals in Bavaria from 2019-2023.
Bavaria is one of the 16 states that make up the German republic. Located in the southern part of the country, it is the second largest state by population and arguably the oldest state in Germany. It is home to close to 16% of Germany’s population and is made of close to 300 towns and villages. Bavaria is also home to some of Germany’s – and Europe’s- largest companies – such as BMW and Audi.
Because of both the age of many of the cities and towns in the state, there are rising problems with infrastructure – in particular aging pipelines. That is why, over the course of three years, Amex Sanivar has supported pipe relining companies by installing over 1,000 Amex Liner End® seals.
This particular job featured over 12 kilometers of pipe that needed to be relined, and after lining it is important to protect the liner end and ensure that it doesn’t begin to peel back over time as debris and water flow attempt to break the seal between liner and pipe. Because of the size of this job, Amex Sanivar was brought in for its experience and expertise in the field of liner end seals. Additionally, there were some egg-shaped pipes that would also need sealing, and due to the adaptability of the Amex Liner End ® seal technology, these pipes could also be sealed and protected.
The job officially began in 2019 with the installation of 48 Amex Liner End® seals from DN500/750 to DN800/1200 being installed. After that, the following seals were installed:
· Summer 2020 – Summer 2021 – 446 Amex Liner End® seals DN 150.
· Winter 2020 until winter 2021: Installation of 479 Liner End Seals DN200 – DN400
· Winter 2022 until Spring 2023: Installation of 96 Liner End Seals DN200 – DN400
· Spring 2022 until spring 2023: Installation of 272 Liner End Seals DN180 – DN800 and egg shape DN800/1200
Amex Liner End Seal© Specifications
How it works
● Amex© Seals are composed of EPDM rubber providing both flexibility and endurance
● With a size range from 180mm to 4000mm, there is something for almost every job
● Depending on the damage, the width of the seal ranges from 180mm to 600mm
● Tested to withstand internal pressures of up to 25 bar and external pressure up to 6 bar
● The seals can be installed in any type of pipe material and most shapes
● Use of hydraulic tool allows for quick and easy installation
● Design life of over 50 years!
● More than 30 years of experience between our technicians
● Own production and service
● No resin, no impregnation, and no curing needed
● Can be custom made to fit your specifications