Amex® Seals installs 117 seals for the Wassergewinnung Essen
Essen and the surrounding area has been inhabited since the Stone Age. Essen really shows up on the maps around the 800s, and would place a large role in German history over the next thousand years. Today, Essen is one of the largest cities in the North Rhine-Wesphalia, the industrial heart of Germany.
In Essen, the river Ruhr flows around the region and supplies the city with its drinking water. In 2022, the Wassergewinnung Essen, one of Germany’s largest water treatment plants, noticed leakage in its pipes. They chose Amex Sanivar to help solve their problem.
After the water is taken from the Ruhr river and gone through the proper treatment process, it is then pushed through pipes to reach the inhabitants of the city. After the cleaned water leaves the facility, strict controls are in place to ensure that the water makes it to the city’s inhabitants clean.
That is why, when a pipe is leaking, strict measures and only certain products can be used to rehabilitate the pipe.
At the Wassergewinnung Essen facility, they not only had leaking joints, they also had sections of pipe that needed a longer repair method. That is why Amex Sanivar employed 9 Vario® seals and 1 conical hose with Mono® seals on the ends.
After detailed planning, from Nov. 2 – Nov. 25, the 117 seals were installed. During the first week, Amex Sanivar completed high-pressure cleaning, followed by repair work on the sleeves, root removal, and the final 2 weeks saw the seals being installed.
Amex Mono® Specifications
How it works
● Amex® Seals are composed of EPDM, NBR or FKM rubber providing both flexibility and endurance
● With a size range from 600mm to 6000mm, there is something for almost every job
● Tested to withstand internal pressures of up to 25 bar and external pressure up to 8 bar
● The seals can be installed in any type of pipe material and most shapes
● Use of hydraulic tool allows for quick and easy installation
● Design life of over 50 years!
● More than 30 years of experience between our technicians
● Own production and service
● No resin, no impregnation, and no curing needed
● Can be custom made to fit your specifications