SaniTube® repairs water pipe during winter months in Geneva
Updated: Nov 8
Geneva is located in the south west of Switzerland and is situated on Lake Geneva. Geneva is a large city with traffic issues, water, and older infrastructure. In the city a DN 300 potable water pipe needed to be repaired. The expertise of Amex Sanivar was relied upon to rehabilitate the pipe quickly and effectively.
SaniTube® was chosen for this specific project as there were two main requirements from the client that needed to be met:
1. As little down time as possible as Geneva is a populous city with heavy traffic.
2. Installed in wintertime
SaniTube® was chosen as it offered the shortest rehabilitation period as there is no curing required after installation, and the host pipe can be easily reinstated after installation using SaniGrip couplings. Also, SaniTube® could be installed in the winter as it requires no adhesive and temperature in December in Geneva precludes most if not all adhesives from being used.
Installation took place over a number of days starting 30 Jan 2019. The installation was successfully carried out while passing under water and roads. The client was pleased with both the speed and efficiency with which SaniTube® was installed.
How it works
· SaniTube® consists of a textile liner, and a double-sided thermoplastic coating
· Suited for the rehabilitation of all common types of pipes DN50 to DN450
· Suitable for great variety of media: potable water, sewage, industrial applications, gas, oil, and petrol
· SaniTube® is pulled-in via standard winch and reconnected to host pipe using a flange coupling
· Rehabilitation of up to 3000m in a single pull – incl. bends of up to 40°
· Design life of 50 years
· No resin, no impregnation, and no curing needed
· High resistance to pressure: burst pressures of over 34 bar w/o host pipe and resistant to vacuum
· Easy installation & no need for special equipment