Amex Mono© Seals repair small diameter pipes for the Deutsche Bahn
Updated: Mar 16
Waren and its surrounding boroughs were first mentioned in 150 AD by the Alexandrine Geographer Claudius Ptolemy. It is the oldest mention of a city in the North German state of Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania. With its early beginnings, the town continued to grow and became an important trade city.
The city and surrounding area receives a lot of precipitation each year, 713mm to be exact. Adding this to the amount of lakes and rivers in the surrounding area, flooding is always a risk. With that in mind, the Deutsche Bahn has installed pipes in and around their tracks to help carry water away and keep the tracks from flooding. In late 2020 , the Deutsche Bahn realized the need to rehabilitate many of the joints in these pipes. They turned to Amex Sanivar and its team of specially trained Engineers to help complete this job.
Given the various remote locations. Spread out in the countryside the pipelines and their size meant access was difficult and required good planning and Expert Technicians to install in smaller diameter pipes. In smaller pipelines (DN700 and below) special training is required as working in confined spaces can be especially dangerous. Amex Sanivar’s Expert Technicians are all properly trained and certified to carry out such work
Additionally, given the amount of water and snow that had fallen in Germany in early February, it was necessary to remove and work through a lot of water that was sitting in and around the pipes. Once the pipes were prepared and the pipes were pumped out, then the job could be executed.
Over the course of several days, Amex Sanivar technicians provided client with a solution that gave AMEX control of the flow of water thus executing the installation of the Amex© Seals and successfully rehabilitated all joints. The Deutsche Bahn was so pleased with the work that Amex Sanivar will install another 19 Amex© Seals in April of 2021.
Amex Mono© Specifications
How it works
● Amex© Seals are composed of EPDM, NBR or FKM rubber providing both flexibility and endurance
● With a size range from 600mm to 6000mm, there is something for almost every job
● Tested to withstand internal pressures of up to 25 bar and external pressure up to 8 bar
● The seals can be installed in any type of pipe material and most shapes
● Use of hydraulic tool allows for quick and easy installation
● Design life of over 50 years!
● More than 30 years of experience between our technicians
● Own production and service
● No resin, no impregnation, and no curing needed
● Can be custom made to fit your specifications