Amex Sanivar relines 230 meters of pipe with Amex Vario© Seals in Rodgau, Germany.
Rodgau is a city located near Frankfurt am Main in Germany. The city itself is rather new, being formed from a number of smaller communities to form Rodgau in 1977. The history of the city itself and of the surrounding communities date back to the 8th century.
In 2018, a corroded steel drinking water pipe required serious rehabilitation as contaminated water flooded the pipe at many points. Given difficult access and inability to properly dry the pipe, the end client chose to use the Amex Vario© Seal system to rehabilitate 230 meters of pipe.
Quite often at the DN700 size relining a full pipeline is the easiest rehabilitation method. The pipe in Rodgau, however, posed many challenges.
First, the lay of the pipe made it impossible to access for relining purposes. Given the location of the pipe, access could only be made through DN 600 top hat flanges.
Secondly, due to the size of the pipe, only specially certified installers were allowed to operate in the pipe. The pipe had to be accessed from both sides, with Amex Sanivar’s installation team working 105m in each direction.
Finally, as the pipeline was being flooded with constant water, a pump was required to first drain the pipe but then also control the flow of water while the installation team.
After weeks of installation and cleaning afterword, the 230m of DN700 drinking water pipeline could be reinstated as the pipeline was successfully rehabilitated, ensuring no more contaminated water mixed with the city’s drinking water at this point.
Amex Vario© Specifications
How it works
● Amex© Seals are composed of EPDM rubber providing both flexibility and endurance
● With a size range from 600mm to 6000mm, there is something for almost every job
● Tested to withstand internal pressures of up to 25 bar and external pressure up to 8 bar
● The seals can be installed in any type of pipe material and most shapes
● Use of hydraulic tool allows for quick and easy installation
● Design life of over 50 years!
● More than 30 years of experience between our technicians
● Own production and service
● No resin, no impregnation, and no curing needed
● Can be custom made to fit your specifications